I will usually make couscous with basil shrimp at home but it works well with the Genova tuna I was sent. The cool, refreshing tuna atop of the warm, paprika spiced couscous will be a crowd pleaser. We love Mediterranean and Anatolian food, give this a shot and you will not be disappointed. It's easy too! You'll need a few pots and two oiled ramekins to make what you see above. Do not overly oil the ramekins or else the couscous will stick! Approximately 2 servings.
- 1 can Genova Tonno tuna
- ½ teaspoon fresh chopped Dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped Green Onion
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 2 large clove Garlic
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped Red Onion
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Stock (heat in microwave before adding to couscous)
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Grated rind of a Lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced Parsley
- Salt to taste
- Single parsley leaf and chopped tomato
- Prepare the tuna mixture and let sit in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Heat olive oil in pot at medium heat for couscous.
- Put pine nuts into oil and let toast for about 2 minutes, stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Add garlic and red onion, sauté for 1 minutes till clear.
- Pour in cumin, turmeric, brown sugar, pepper, paprika and toast seasoning for no more than 1 minute. Add a little salt to taste.
- Add couscous and toast for 2 minutes.
- Pour in lemon juice and let reduce. This will happen quickly.
- Pour in chicken stock and cover pot. Remove from heat and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- After stock has been absorbed by couscous, fluff with fork.
- Remove tuna from fridge and press half of the tuna into an lightly oiled ramekin.
- Fill the rest of the ramekin with couscous, press firmly.
- Flip ramekin onto plate and tap top until you hear a hollow sound. Gently remove ramekin.
Go back to Genova Tonno!